Friday, May 18, 2007

Enactors Play Hurt or Get Angry

Enactors of unkind deeds have so many different cover-ups that it's hard to figure them all out. I just discovered one more that has manipulated me more times than anyone can count. That is the person who does something unkind and when you ask them to behave differently in the future the person says sorry, acts hurt, and slinks away. Oh, my, I with my mountain-sized sense of guilt immediately feel guilty, as if I did something wrong by requesting another behavior in the future. I'm tempted to run around telling people what happened to make sure I am not a bad person. I doubt that I am the only one.

Another way that people who do unkind things defend themselves is to get angry. Many times I avoid dealing directly with someone who is out of line because I don't like to be yelled at. For many years, I didn't know that I avoided direct communication when I was displeased because I did not want to get yelled at. My mind has played tricks on me.

Whether someone slinks away acting hurt or whether someone yells at me, they have me. I cooperate with the cover-ups and they succeed at being shits.

I wonder how many other people do similar things.

No comments: